Thursday, April 17, 2008

NEW YORK: Letter by Catherine Gordon Litofsky, April 16, 2008


BINGHAMTON PRESS & SUN-BULLETIN
April 16, 20


Letter: Adoptee's Search Takes Her to State Capital

Are you my birth mother? For the better part of the last 35 years, I have asked this very question over and over again. I have never received an answer.

As Mother's Day approaches, I want my birth mother to know that I have never stopped wondering who she is. I have also never stopped thanking her for being so brave and courageous when she gave me up for adoption in or around November 1957.

I have searched for her. I have registered in the New York Adoption Registry. I have stood up for my human rights by lobbying in Albany to get more support for and a vote on Assembly Bill A02277 and Senate Bill S235: the Adoptees' Bill of Rights.

I hope to return to Albany this month to lobby some more. Maybe this year I will finally get the answer to my question: Are you my birth mother?

Catherine Gordon Litofsky

Owings Mills, MD.

Link to article

No comments: